Re: Iris Virginica

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Iris Virginica
  • From: "Patricia D, Brooks" <pdbrooks@awod.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 18:08:13 -0600 (MDT)

Iris Virginica grows in ditches or wet woods by me  They seem to
have no problem flowering in a cypress lake.  My I.Virginca in the
garden I fertlize verry lightly in the fall with something like
10-10-10 or Holland bulb booste, in the spring about 6 weeks
before bloom I feed with a fertlllizer liquid with the middle
number bigger.  If fertlilzed too much they just put out green
growth.  Maybe some one who is a expert maybe able to tell you more.
I have a problem with I. versicolor not blooming or growing they just
sit there.  I think they require more water then I.Va.    I keep some
in pots that are in pans of water and the I.Versicolor do well that

Pat Brooks Zone 8 Ladson,SC