Re: OT: wetlands

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: wetlands
  • From: Curt Marble <cmarble@tiac.net>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 06:27:40 -0600 (MDT)

>As I read your post, I couldn't help but think you should be growing
>Japanese and Siberian irises rather than tall beardeds. It sounds like
>you may have an ideal site for them.

>R. Dennis Hager

Doreen, I agree with Dennis on both issues.  We have never had a "wetlands"
issue but others in town have, and the newspaper accounts have been
informative.  There are the Massachusetts laws, then there is the local
Conservation Commission.

BTW, there is a meeting of the Iris Society of Massachusetts on October 11.
Topic is labeling, mapping, hardware, software.  I can give you more info if
you are interested.

---------
Kathy Marble <cmarble@tiac.net>
Harvard, MA