REBLOOM: cause of mushy summer flowers?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: REBLOOM: cause of mushy summer flowers?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 16:37:15 -0600 (MDT)

At our ETIS meeting last week, a couple of the club members were talking
about flower BUDS on IMMORTALITY turning to mush without even opening
during the summer.  Mine were not lasting long in the heat and drought
and were a bit tattered from bug bites, but not mush.  At least not
until after they'd been open a while.  They thought it was a result of
heat, but it seems to me that mine would have been mush also if that
were the case.  We also wondered about insects or disease.

Anybody have any ideas what might cause this?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA