Re: Anybody Ever Been Busted for Bingo??

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Anybody Ever Been Busted for Bingo??
  • From: "Albert F. Limberg" <campconn@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 22:11:33 -0600 (MDT)

Gerry Snyder wrote:

> It didn't matter that
> the bingo cards were free, or that the prizes were
> things we couldn't sell. We didn't have the $50 permit,
> so we were breaking the law. [The same permit would allow
> up to 3 games per week for a year, for fundraising.]
>
> Gerry, disgusted with the system

Gerry:

You were not gambling.  No one bought cards and you gave away (gasp)
"worthless trash." You gave away nothing of value and enjoyed a bingo
game in the process.  Me?  I'd have done it and then let them take me to
court.  Guess who's going to look the fool in the public spotlight.
Another moral here . . . it's easier to get forgivenss than to get
permission.  Using their logic, one could get busted for playing
Monopoly because it is a game of chance.  Think about it.

The next time I tell someone to file the charges if they think they've
got a case will not be the first time.  I've never been in court yet.

You let them win by intimidation.  There's always next year.

Al Limberg
Concord, CA

34 year law enforcement officer