Watsonia & Agapanthus

Okay, these are not iris -- & only one's a member of the Iris family,
the other in the Lily clan, but I have a problem & you people are
elected to (I hope) help.

A friend gave me these thinking I had a greenhouse (I don't.) She lives
in San Diego, doesn't quite comprehend what a Zone 4 climate is really
like as she suggested I pot these up "for the patio" & then just "bring
them indoors when it gets cold." It's already too cold here outdoors for
these S. Africans! I did pot the Agapanthus as it's in leaf, now I have
to find a cool (50F) & sunny (3-4 hrs per day min.) spot for it in my
crowded house -- at least that's what the books say. I shudder to think
how tall this might get provided it doesn't croak immediately.

The Watsonia corms (4, all large) are dry & dormant but NOW is the time
they're supposed to be planted out in mild climates to grow over the
fall-winter & flower in late winter-early spring, again according to
the references I can find. My question is: does anyone know if I can
tuck these corms away in peat or vermiculite until spring the way one
does Gladiolus bulbs? If so, should the storage medium be kept damp or
dry? Approx. what temp? Or had I better be getting these planted in a
big pot of soil & put in a sunny window -- if I can find one somewhere?

All help & advice appreciated. These are really both beautiful plants in
flower but I fear they've come to the wrong house.

Marte in the mtns	Zone 4/Sunset 1  Colorado -- where it's hit 90F
2 out the last 3 days (!), getting down to low 40's at night, still no
killing frost, hard to believe.