Hawaii Iris Report

    Well, I'm writting up this report before I head into Honolulu to
check up on my mother who's in Queens Hospital because of hart
failure. So it'll be a kind of short one.

    As you might remember, I took the TBI out of the refrig in two
groups, the 1st ones I planted in a seed starting try that had about
1inch of potting soil. The 2nd group came out about 15 days later,
these were soaked for an hour in a bleach/water combo. The try they
were planted in had about 1/2 inch clay soil and 1/2 inch potting
soil. Because of the strong sun light here, I placed them where they
would get some each day and a bit of shade too.

    Today I checked each tray, the 1st one, about 1/2 of the iris
had rotted away, but some of them had little side shoots growing,
and I was able to cut some of them off and will replant them. The
2nd tray, about 98% of the iris had rotted, but I was able to save a
few of the small ones that had started to grow plus one bigger RZ.

    I got a bag of potting soil, I'm going to get a bucket of beach
sand and see if I can make up a tray for the ones left over and
replant them in it.

    Dahliaman

.. Dragon Riders of Pern
___ Mountain Reader II - #M_READER