I. setosa?

Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a clump of what she said were native
irises that she had moved from a bog like area on her property. I
assumed they would be I.versicolor because that's what grows around
here, that I know of. Well, they don't look like the I.vesicolor that
I'm growing...these look much more grasslike, the leaves being very
thin, about 1/4-1/2" in width with no noticable rhizome, more of a
fiberous mass like a siberian, Of course, they weren't blooming but the
seed pods were still there and they were about 1 1/2" long and had sharp
triangular edges. The seeds were tiny and look exactly like the I.setosa
seeds I just recieved from Alaska. She says the flower is a pale violet
to light blue. Anyone want to venture a guess as to what I have? Thanks
and I'll let you know how (if) they grow in my garden soil. Anna Meade
in Southern NJ ,Zone6/7