Re: I. setosa?

In a message dated 97-10-05 08:13:50 EDT,Anna Meade writes:

<< I'm growing...these look much more grasslike, the leaves being very
 thin, about 1/4-1/2" in width with no noticable rhizome, more of a
 fiberous mass like a siberian >>

I have a group of setosa growing in my garden raised from seed.  The leaves
are quite like a versicolor, much wider than your description.  After
blooming setosa grows on into a strong and vigorous plant.

There are many forms of this species on the SIGNA list, I suppose one could
have a narrow leaf but not the two sorts I have raised from seed.

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, N.Y. - zone 4 - nearly 80o forecast for today after two killing