Re: SPEC: I. tectorum

Henryanner@aol.com wrote:
> Also, I have seen a rhapsodic article on this plant in the magazine Southern
> Living, but I really want to know how far south it will grow and if flowering
> is a problem in the deep South.  Anybody got any going in lower Zone 8 or 9?

I'm growing "Alba" here in warm CA.  It's growing in a shaded area in
ordinary garden soil.  I've had it in the same location for 3 years and
it flowers every spring.  I'll probably thin it soon and I'll plant the
extras in the field with my beardeds.  Just to see how they will do.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California
Zone 8