Re: Germinating Fall Pod TB Seeds

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Germinating Fall Pod TB Seeds
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 01:43:47 -0600 (MDT)

RMTURLEY@aol.com wrote:
> Dear all,
> Have you tried placing the seed in zip lock bags on moist paper towel or in
> moist perlit and store in the refrigerator for 60 days.  The temperature in
> the frig is around 40 degrees F.  Some seed will begin to germinate by then.
>  Take them out and plant in pots and germinating will continue like in the
> spring.

I failed to mention in my previous posting that I did stratify the
seeds.  They still will not germinate by doing this.  Out of about 20
fall crosses I got about 6 seedlings...total.  Holding pots over this
winter and hopefully I will get some more germination this spring.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California
Zone 8