Hi everyone,
              I have an iris in bloom!  Okay, so I bought it in bud last
week, but in my opinion it still counts.  It's a Pacific Coast iris called
DEEPENING SHADOWS and it's a deep velvety purple-black self.  Of course,
this isn't the optimal time of year to plant it, but I saw it in a pot at a
general nursery, and couldn't resist.  Pacific Coast Natives are supposed to
do quite well in Adelaide (similar climate to some parts of California), so
although it is my first PCN, it is unlikely to be my last....And my sister
bought one as well (ENDLESS), even though she's not into iris.

That's all for now...but my TBs are in bud.

Ann (in South Australia)