Re: Watsonia & Agapanthus

Ginny wrote:
> What kind of watsonia?  Evergreen(in SA) or deciduous?
> --
> Ginny inanda@lindsaycomp.on.ca
> Zone 4b Clay Loam

Hi Ginny:

I presume it's deciduous -- corms arrived here with wisps of dried-out
leaves attached. My friend doesn't know or can't remember the species --
has only said the Watsonia flowers in early spring outdoors in S. Cal,
goes dormant all summer there.

If possible, I would like to store these bulbs & pot them up next spring
(indoors to start with) -- do you think I could "fool Mother Nature"
into letting me do this even tho Watsonia wants to start growing now to
flower in spring? Appreciate any thots here.