Re: Watsonia & Agapanthus

John I Jones wrote:
> [snip]
> Sunset Western Garden Book says they are hardy in zones 4-9 and 12-24
> (Sunset zones that is). In colder climes treat them like Glads. So
> whatever yo do with your Glads do to the Watsonia. I don't think I
> would keep them moist.

Hi John:

I'm definitely in Sunset zone 1, their coldest. As to treating the
Watsonia corms like Glads I still need help -- have never grown Glads,
either! I believe you're correct that Glads are supposed to be kept dry,
& cool, over the winter -- anybody know how dry & how cool? Is putting
the corms in a paper sack sufficient or should they be "encased" in dry
peat or something? All advice & thots cheerfully accepted.

Marte in the mtns