Re: Germinating Fall Pod TB Seeds

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Germinating Fall Pod TB Seeds
  • From: RMTURLEY@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 19:28:18 -0600 (MDT)

Dear Rick,

When I was living in the lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas we did not have
enough cold to germinate iris seed.  I stratified mine as mentioned earlier
and the seed germinated as thick as hair on a dog's back!

Robert Turley
Lake Charles, LA
Zone 9a

<<I failed to mention in my previous posting that I did stratify the
seeds.  They still will not germinate by doing this.  Out of about 20
fall crosses I got about 6 seedlings...total.  Holding pots over this
winter and hopefully I will get some more germination this spring.

Rick Tasco>>