Re: Double iris-a plea for circumspection

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Double iris-a plea for circumspection
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 23:06:41 -0600 (MDT)

Walter A. Moores wrote:

> Henryanner@aol.com wrote:
> > I enjoy variety in irises, although I don't usually like freakish things, and
> > it seems to me that it would be important to perpetuate--not compost--
> > breakthroughs for those who might like them and for hybridizers who might
> > want to perfect their own pursuits using all available genetic material.

>         Anner, thanks for picking up on the thread where I so miserably
> failed.  You added eloquence and brilliance to my bare-bones plea.

Anner and Walter,

Though I don't really care for "Spacers", I agree with you both on the
necessity for maintaining advances in the gene pool, and in fact have a
few SAs in my garden that I think are attractive for their other
qualities.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.