Re: Watsonia & Agapanthus

Thanks everyone for your help on how to treat both Agapanthus &
Watsonia. I potted up the Agapanthus & put it in an east-facing window
-- this window area stays cool-to-cold in spite of the morning sun & I
think will suit the plant as long as it doesn't outgrow the space. The
window, barely 2' high to begin with, is located in a small alcove with
a sloping ceiling above it so I sincerely hope this doesn't prove to be
one of the giant plants with 4' stalks! If it does, I will hope to be
able to move it outdoors next spring before any stalks hit the ceiling.

The Watsonia corms arrived here clean of any soil & in good but dry
condition. I've dusted them lightly with Diazinon as suggested & put 'em
in a paper sack -- now all I have to do is find a place where the temps
stay around 60F. This may be tricky as my husband, a skinny guy with bad
arthritis, likes to keep the house at 70F or more all winter -- he'd
like it warmer than that but I tend to faint or at least complain a lot.
We don't have any "semi-heated" space, such as a basement or attached
garage, where freezing temps are held at bay. Oh well -- will think of

Thanks again for the advice about my non-irises.

Marte in the mtns	Zone 4/Sunset 1  Colorado: still amazingly warm
here, still haven't finished planting all my outdoor bulbs yet...