RE: esthetics (was Re: Double iris-a plea for circumspection)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: esthetics (was Re: Double iris-a plea for circumspection)
  • From: Teresa Cobb <teresa@rdgroup.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 06:45:17 -0600 (MDT)

>From Tom:
********Do I need a judge to tell me that a clean snow white iris with
a pure red beard
has acceptable color? And if the judge says it looks ugly and I say it
looks pretty, whose opinion is going to determine whether I buy it or
not?

Any thoughts?

Well, I for one definitely fall into a category all my own.  I do not
see beyond the pure awe of the beauty
of anything in bloom.  I never worry about is it disease resisitant,
how floriferous it is, etc.  I simply enjoy the wonderful scents, and
colors without looking at the sepals or falls or structures  I think
I'm pretty lucky because I would hate to ruin my picture-perfect
thoughts of any flowers if I had to start judging them in order to see
them.   And in the end, it never matters to me what anyone else says,
I do what pleases me!

Happy here in my little piece of the world,  Teresa.

Zone 5 kansas