Re: rebloomers that didn't

Hi all,
My experience with rebloomers is also that they need a few years to
settle in. In fact the first two year Blessed again bloomed only in the
fall and was not true to it's color.
Both the falls and the standards were yellow but this year it is true to
its color with white falls and it has been " a real trooper".  It bloomed
steadily since the 22 of March.

My NEW IDEA which I was about to give up on. It had not bloomed since
1995 so I  cut the clump in half and gave it to a friend.  It suddenly
decided to reward me for my patients and is currently in bloom.

The flip side of the story is, I ordered a CONCOCTION this spring from
Atkins and it came through the mail after their regular digging time. It
looks a little silly with the fans all cut back but the bloom stranding
tall and proud.

I'm convinced that the weather has more to do with  iris blooming than
the calendar.

Dave Soper
The tempetures here are in the low 40's at night and in the low 80's
durring the day.

Ps. I would love to hear from more of you on your faviorate catalogs.