RE: true to color

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: true to color
  • From: Merrily A Smith <mesm@loc.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 15:12:44 -0600 (MDT)

Dave Soper referred to the possibility that some rebloomers may not initially be true to color the second
time around.  Are there circumstances in an ordinary garden with TBs in which the initial spring bloom may
not be true to color? I'm thinking about hydrangeas (sp?) which turn from white to blue depending on nature
of the soil.  So, if my PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE looks more purple in real life than the picture in the catalog, is it
the picture, the soil, or my eyeballs?

Still learning every day.