Re: true to color

Merrily A Smith wrote:

 So, if my PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE looks more purple in real life than the
picture in the catalog, is it
> the picture, the soil, or my eyeballs?

Merrily,

I can't vouch for your eyesight, but in my experience weather conditions
has a lot to do with the color.  A hot and dry day will make the colors
fade and seem much lighter and on the flip side a colder day will
intensify the colors.  Pictures can also be deceiving.  Blues are
notorious for NOT coming true on film, they usually come out purple or
violet.

I have been to many iris conventions and gardens all over the country
and generally the iris are similar (as to color).

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California
Zone 8