Re: SPEC-Iris prismatica

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC-Iris prismatica
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 23:53:16 -0600 (MDT)

Ian E. Efford wrote:
> I have been reviewing in detail all the replies pertaining to Anna's
> request for identification of her bog plant
> Some of the descriptions are contractictory.  For example, Rick's
> reference to setosa and versicolor being like sibirica, which is like
> prismatica is, I believe, wrong.  The two species sibirica and
> prismatica are very similar.  They have tall (3ft in the case of
> prismatica, not small as Rick suggested), straight plants with thin
> (below half an inch wide) leaves with almost no sign of coarse mid-rib
> or ribs and the leaves are green but with a distict grey-white cast.

Obviously you did not review my message in detail as you mention above
or you would not have made the remarks you have.  I said in my message
that I have "seedlings", not mature plants, and I noticed the the
seedlings had some resemblence to Siberians.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California...where we actually got some rain today.
Zone 8