Tender growth vs cold......

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Tender growth vs cold......
  • From: IKern@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:54:41 -0600 (MDT)

Help!  We have had unseasonably warm temperatures here in Wis for the past
two to three weeks.  I mean 20-25 degrees above normal for this time of year.
 Today, I noticed that 75% of the new rizomes I planted about a month ago
have new growth.  Unfortunately, the warm spell is about to end and upper
30's are being predicted within the next 2-3 days.  First frost is soon to
follow.  What kind of damage is this going to do to the new rizomes?  Is
there anything I can do to help?  Spring was a month late, now fall is the
same, go figure.

Iris in Milw. where last year we had snow on Oct. 20.
PS:  I have about 48 hours to fix this if there is a fix.  Please help.