Re: RE Species PCN

mcsmudh@wave.co.nz wrote:
> Should I leave them in pots or put them into my garden ... they are about
> 8" high .... it is the beginning of my bloom season here to give you some
> sort of idea of the climate/season...
> all advise gratefully accepted :)

PCN's like dry, mild summers and wet winters.  My summers here in
Central California are hot, but I grow varieties that have been
acclimated to these hot conditions.  Mine are grown in partial shade.
Since yours are in pots I would try at least some of them in the ground.
PCN's are notorious for not transplanting well barerooted.
Traditionally growers here have been transplanting in early winter,
(December), however some growers are now transplanting in early spring

Hope this helps.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California