RE: Tender growth vs cold......

leaves are a sign that you have healthy root growth going on, and even if the
leaves get zapped, the rhizomes should be okay, and the roots will take the
hint and slow down for the winter.  If you're watering them now, you might
want to taper off to make them go further dormant.  And then just sit back and
wait for the snow!

Barb, in Santa Fe, where the mountains are dusted in white and all my tender
stuff is dusted in black.  Does this mean I can stop planting now, Mom?
IrisMaven@msn.com