Re: The Barnes and Noble order

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: The Barnes and Noble order
  • From: Donald Mosser <dmosser@ibm.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:28:01 -0600 (MDT)

At 07:19 AM 10/14/97 -0600, you wrote:
>When someone came on and said B&N had Iris Flower of theRainbow for 39.95 I
>jumped and ordered it like several here said they did.  I have not received
>it yet,  have you all?  I got The World of Iris promptly from the Pockingtons
>but it just doesn't have enough pictures.  Cooleys catalog is better.
> Perhaps someone would make a mint with a picturial Iris book. Mr Rick
>Doreen McCabe
>West of Boston  another glorious day to spend in the dirt!  48F at 9a.m.

I ordered my book the first time on 9/28/97, but there was a slight glitch
with the credit card I used and the order didn't get processed (I wasn't
notified, however, for several days).  I re-ordered this book on 10/1/97
and have not yet received their customary e-mail indicating that the book
has been shipped.  In defense of Barnes and Noble, their web site indicated
that the book would be shipped in 1-2 weeks.  I expect to get the shipment
notification very soon since tomorrow is 2 weeks from when I ordered my
copy of this book. :)  I've waited much longer for iris books in the past
so waiting two weeks for this one is nothing compared to the torture of
waiting for months. :)

I'll be sure to let the IRIS-L know when/if I receive my copy of this book.

Donald Mosser

North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
USDA Zone 7b-8