  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: HYB:Methods
  • From: art bern <art@gv.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 22:32:20 -0600 (MDT)

I have read of several ways of hybridizing TB's and want to improve on
my germinating rates. The best I've done was approx. 55%. Last year I
heard of someone that got a 90% germination rate, I tried it and got
roughly 2%. What I would like to know here is what methods are used from
the time of seed collection to the time of germination and roughly the
germination rate. I would like details as to the number of days that
certain events happened, ie: soaking seeds in water for 10 days,
changing water every day. I'm partically interested in the hybridizers
in the south and west coast as they should be close to the weather
conditions that I have here in Grass Valley, CA.

Art Bern   art@gv.net
Grass Valley, CA   zone 6/7