Halloween Iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Halloween Iris
  • From: "Steven & Sharlyn Rocha" <srocha@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 21:33:10 -0600 (MDT)

Dear Iris Fans,
	It's October again!  We have some iris named after witches this year.  We
have always avoided ordering them because of the names. This year we were
sent Witch's Cape, Witches Sabbath, and WITCHING in a box of freebies.
      I labeled them W. Cape, W. Sabbath and W. ing on the garden tags.
Being a religious person, I can't stand the idea of three witches out in my
garden and reproducing little witches!    :)
       All joking aside, we are a little amazed by the picture of WITCHING
on Merle Robert's web site.  It is worth seeing at
http://www.televar.com/~irisbuff/witching.htm    This is an incredible iris
and Steve loves the strange ones especially.  It has blue standards with
greenish gold looking falls.  The maroon veining is striking and the beards
look black.
       Does anyone out there grow this one and does it look as incredible
for you as it does for Merle?  It will be interesting to see it bloom here
but we will probably call it Wing. :)
				Happy October!
				Sharlyn

Steven & Sharlyn Rocha