Steven & Sharlyn Rocha wrote:

> WITCHING--This is an incredible iris
> and Steve loves the strange ones especially.  It has blue standards with
> greenish gold looking falls.  The maroon veining is striking and the beards
> look black.
>        Does anyone out there grow this one and does it look as incredible
> for you as it does for Merle?

We've grown WITCHING ever since it was introduced and yes, the photo
looks like WITCHING, but here in our climate it is a little lighter, and
I'll assume that for you in San Diego, it should also look a tad lighter
than that photo, which does appear a little on the darkish side.

Here it is average at best, usually shorter stalks, usually producing
"smallish" rhizomes but it is a vigorous increaser, AND very unique in

Good luck with it, you WILL enjoy the colors.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California Sierra Nevada foothills--Zone 8--today was a warm
one, 87 for a high, about 10 degrees above normal--cooler near normal
temps expected by the weekend