SPEC:Newfoundland - setosa var. canadensis

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: SPEC:Newfoundland - setosa var. canadensis
  • From: Chris Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 22:39:26 -0600 (MDT)

I recently received a plant and some collected seed pods from a friend who
visited Newfoundland in early September of 97. The plant was collected from the
northmost coast of Newfoundland along with the seed pods from the same plants. I
do believe that this will turn out to be the Iris setosa var. canadensis. In any
case this plant is doing well potted up at my home and putting forth some
limited new growth. I will probably bury the pot and mulch it for
overwintering... perhaps we can identify it for sure next year.

Anyone got any detailed info to share on this iris?

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society