Re: SPEC:Newfoundland - setosa var. canadensis

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC:Newfoundland - setosa var. canadensis
  • From: Diana Louis <glouis@rogerswave.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 05:09:43 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Chris Hollinshead wrote:

> I recently received a plant and some collected seed pods from a friend who
> visited Newfoundland in early September of 97. The plant was collected from the
> northmost coast of Newfoundland along with the seed pods from the same plants. I
> do believe that this will turn out to be the Iris setosa var. canadensis. In any
> case this plant is doing well potted up at my home and putting forth some
> limited new growth. I will probably bury the pot and mulch it for
> overwintering... perhaps we can identify it for sure next year.
> Anyone got any detailed info to share on this iris? Christopher Hollinshead
> Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
Actually, Chris as you know it might also be I versicolor. In any
case I have both I setosa and I hookeri which probably will bloom
next year. You can have a look at them or I can send pictures which
I will be sending copies of to Rodney's NANI web page.

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca> <- private email address
Zone 4 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
AIS, CIS, SIGNA, IRIS-L, Canadian Wildflower Soc.

URL for the North American Native Irises web page