Re: software for iris record keeping

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: software for iris record keeping
  • From: connollyj@juno.com (Joseph T. Connolly)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 07:44:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 02:16:15 -0600 (MDT) Tmilchh@aol.com writes:
>Does anyone have a suggestion of a good program for recording iris
>      My kids have asked me what I would like for a present. And what
>I would
>like is an easy to use software program for recording bloomtime,
>height of
>stalk, number of bloom stalks, number of buds per bloomstalk, number
>of buds
>open at one time, length of bloom, etc. for each cultivar.  Is there
>such a
>program out there for irises?
>                                                 Annette Milch
>                                                  TMilchh@aol.com
>                                                    Lexington,
>                                                     zone 5
>where it
>hasn't rained since the middle of September.
  I use a general purpose program, Microsoft Works, to keep track of my
irises. Using the  "data base" part of this program, you can set up a
record for each cultivar and then define "fields" such as name, type,
bloomtime, height, etc. After you get your iris data base all set up. you
can print out the whole thing with one iris per line, or select just part
to print out, such as all the "SIB"s.
    MS works has a lot of features in it, but the basic stuff is pretty
simple. The program is available most anywhere. We originally bought ours
through a catalog from a place called MicroWarehouse, 1720 Oak St.,
Lakewood, NJ 08701-5926 or 1-800-367-7080. (Prices seem pretty reasonable
			Marcia Connolly
			Chelmsford, MA     zone 5
  where the fall foliage is just spectacular this year. Even we natives
are going around the countryside "leaf peeping."