Re: Halloween Iris

Steven & Sharlyn Rocha wrote:

.  We
> have always avoided ordering them because of the names. This year we were
> sent Witch's Cape, Witches Sabbath, and WITCHING in a box of freebies.

Hi Sharon and Steve--

It may help if you remember that there are white witches who do nothing
but good.  I believe the incomparable shirley Jackson was known as a
white witch.  I looked up the picture and that is really a beautiful
iris.  Perahps when you have enough, we can trade.  I don't have any
irises with names that would offend you, I don't think.  I think it's
interesting that all those freebies had witch names.  Do you think
someone was trying to get rid of them for the same reason?
Rima  terra@catskill.net
upstate ny    zone 4