Re: software for iris record keeping

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: software for iris record keeping
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:11:10 -0600 (MDT)

Tmilchh@aol.com wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion of a good program for recording iris
> collections?
>       My kids have asked me what I would like for a present. And what I would
> like is an easy to use software program for recording bloomtime, height of
> stalk, number of bloom stalks, number of buds per bloomstalk, number of buds
> open at one time, length of bloom, etc. for each cultivar.  Is there such a
> program out there for irises?

Microsoft Access is a reasonable database program that you could use. It
would enable you to define any fields you wanted, order them, display
your database (or only selected parts of it), print lists and labels
etc. It would also have the advantage of being the same program Houard
Hughes is using to record all the iris checklists.

Which reminds me, anybody ever hear anymore from Howard? Last time I
wrote I got no response. Any clue as to where he is on his project?

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.