Re: software for iris record keeping

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: software for iris record keeping
  • From: Diana Louis <glouis@rogerswave.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 14:03:40 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, John I Jones wrote:

> Tmilchh@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have a suggestion of a good program for recording iris
> > collections?
> >       My kids have asked me what I would like for a present. And what I would
> > like is an easy to use software program for recording bloomtime, height of
> > stalk, number of bloom stalks, number of buds per bloomstalk, number of buds
> > open at one time, length of bloom, etc. for each cultivar.  Is there such a
> > program out there for irises?
>

> Annette,
>
> Microsoft Access is a reasonable database program that you could use. It
> would enable you to define any fields you wanted, order them, display
> your database (or only selected parts of it), print lists and labels
> etc. It would also have the advantage of being the same program Houard
> Hughes is using to record all the iris checklists.
>
> Which reminds me, anybody ever hear anymore from Howard? Last time I
> wrote I got no response. Any clue as to where he is on his project?
> John
> John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
John, I saw him at the JI Symposium and he says he is advancing at
what sound like fantastic speed with putting data in. I asked him
to let us know how it's coming along so we may hear from him soon.

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca> <- private email address
Zone 4 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
AIS, CIS, SIGNA, IRIS-L, Canadian Wildflower Soc.

URL for the North American Native Irises web page
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html