Re: OT - Iris record keeping software

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT - Iris record keeping software
  • From: thymetoo@direct.ca
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 22:24:07 -0600 (MDT)

Annette asked >Does anyone have a suggestion of a good program for
recording iris collections?

I use FileMaker Pro for keeping track of all my gardening records. (As
well as horse and dog pedigrees, and my business invoicing, shipping,
order processing, etc.)

This software is easy to format for anything you want - has a great
built in search so that you can find your Irises by color, type, size,
breeder, awards, where planted, year planted, where you purchased it, or
whatever you want to search by. You can include photos in the database

There is lots of support for FileMaker Pro online, including a user
group with mailing List, and many sites with templates over and above
those which come with the software.

FM Pro is my favorite software, and it is a bargain for what you get at
about $99 US. I think every computer user will find that this software
is a "must have".

Renaissance Farm