Re: Tag marker: new one to me

Gardenhous@aol.com wrote:

> Well, again I mad a boo-boo  ( get it? Halloween......)  and thought I
> was oh, so cool and wrote with laundry marker on used popsicle sticks
> (no sugar added only 25 cal each). But since I missed the afor
> mentioned discussion I didn't know the stick breaks the ink fades in
> just weeks ( lots of rain in Boston)  So I bought metal staked enamel
> markers and have used the laundry marker.  WQill this fade on these
> too?  Tell me now, ha , I did make a plan and extra copy for when I
> loose it as someone kindly suggested and I am still on track.!   So
> will the laundry marker work or should I redo them witha paint pen.
>
> Doreen McCabe  Cloudy ,light rain last night

Doreen & Barbara:

In the intense sunlight of Colorado *everything* fades out quickly that
I've tried in the past, inc. laundry markers, perm. ink markers, grease
pencils, etc. -- except soft lead pencil, oddly enough, but it's hard to
get that to write on some of the things I've used for plant tags. I'm
hoping this new BotanicaLabel pen will remain legible longer.

I'm a klutz, foot-wise, & always manage to step on popsicle sticks or
short plastic stick-in-the-ground tags that get brittle in the sun &
cold -- I snap both these off all the time. This is going to sound
really tacky, but I'm waiting for one of my renters to move out next
month so I can claim the tattered white-plastic miniblinds in his cabin
to cut up for plant tags! (I mean, he's already given notice so doesn't
it follow that the NEW renter should be the one to benefit from the NEW
blinds that I'll have to buy anyway?!) Meanwhile, I'm using up a bunch
of tags I cut from the flat parts of plastic milk jugs -- these remain
pliable for a long time so are in less danger from my boots but you can
only write on one side as they're "see thru". Price is right, tho.

Marte in the mtns	Zone 4/Sunset 1  Colorado  Colder again tonight:
full moon, clear, hint of snow in the air, tho.