Re: CULT: onions as companion plants?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: onions as companion plants?
  • From: rimat <terra@catskill.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 07:55:45 -0600 (MDT)

Linda Mann wrote:

> Has anybody interplanted fall onions between iris plants?  Any problems?
>
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

Hi Linda--

I put hard-necked garlic cloves in this fall.  so far only one has been
dug up.  I thought the samll would keep the critters away.  altho I did
notice, that the dug-up clove had nary a tooth mark in it. maybe I'll
have a crop next July.  the people at the second largest garlic festival
in the USA said it would work.
Rima  terra@catskill.net
upstate ny   zone 4