RE: JI Symposium & judges training

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: JI Symposium & judges training
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <Mark.Maureen@fin.gc.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:10:08 -0600 (MDT)

Congrats to all organizers of the JI symposium.  It was a job well =
done.
And as others have said, it seemed too short.

Ian, we need to talk about your views on judges training.  Judging iris
is not unlike any other horticultural or arts judging.  Judges are
individuals and have biases.  As you could not stay for the whole
session, perhaps you did not come away with the message the rest of us
did - garden judging is our raison-d'=EAtre.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada - where unlike Ian who must be a half zone warmer, we =
got
our first frost a few weeks ago.