rot prevention

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: rot prevention
  • From: Merrily A Smith <mesm@loc.gov>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:22:04 -0600 (MDT)

In Washington DC we rarely have a freeze that sticks around; same with snow.  But the temperatures do go
up and down through the winter, sometimes being high long enough to stimulate growth.  I'm worried that
this winter will be worse than usual in this regard.  Are there preventive measures I can take now that will
protect my TBs from rot as their hormones get heated up and cooled down over and over.  We all know how
depressing that can be; makes everybody feel rotten.  Thanks much.  Merrily