HIST: ELEANOR ROOSEVELT and CRIMSON KING

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: HIST: ELEANOR ROOSEVELT and CRIMSON KING
  • From: JForte21@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:34:39 -0600 (MDT)

Date:  Wed, Oct 15, 1997 10:11 AM EDT
From:  JForte21
Subj:  HIST:  ELEANOR ROOSEVELT and CRIMSON KING
To:      irs-l@rt66.com

Hi Everyone,
I'm so excited; the ELEANOR ROOSEVELT Superstition sent me this summer has a
bloom stalk.  I bought ER and CRIMSON KING so I could positively ID an
old-fashioned purple rebloomer. Judging by the bloom stalk, my unknown is not
ER.  My unknown has much more purple on the buds and seems to have more
branching.  So here's a question: does ER bloom as prolifically as CRIMSON
KING?  And here's another question (about a different unknown):  is INDIAN
CHIEF ever known to rebloom?  And is it worth trying to identify an iris of
that color pattern (light red over dark red), or are there tons of them?

Had enough questions yet?
Mary Forte, Atascadero, CA  Zone 8 or 9 or so, where Earl of Essex and
Blatant may open today
(Dave, I'll let you know when ER is going to open.)