Re: HIST: ELEANOR ROOSEVELT and CRIMSON KING

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HIST: ELEANOR ROOSEVELT and CRIMSON KING
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:07:12 -0600 (MDT)

JForte21@aol.com wrote:

  So here's a question: does ER bloom as prolifically as CRIMSON
> KING?  And here's another question (about a different unknown):  is INDIAN
> CHIEF ever known to rebloom?  And is it worth trying to identify an iris of
> that color pattern (light red over dark red), or are there tons of them?

Mary,

As they grow here Eleanor is the more dependable rebloomer, never
failing to rebloom and usually in the fall although it has rebloomed
some in the summer.  Crimson King hardly ever reblooms here, and yes it
is Crimson King as it has been ID'd by a number of HIPS people including
Phil Edinger.  I have seen Crimson King reblooming in many warmer
Central Valley towns but usually during the Winter.  We probably don't
get much rebloom on Crimson King because we transplant every September.
Indian Chief has NEVER rebloomed for me.

Send a picture or possibly even a rhizome of your unknown to Phil.  This
is a service he provides while being the HIPS ID Chairman.  And if you
are sending a rhizome, call or write first to see if he has the room.  I
think you may still have time this year!  Philip Edinger, P.O. Box 637,
Cloverdale, CA 95425.  Telephone: 707-894-3225.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California.......Having a taste of Summer, 87 degrees yesterday.
Zone 8