And then there was...a BORER???

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: And then there was...a BORER???
  • From: Mark Thornsburg <thrnsbrg@flash.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 17:02:54 -0600 (MDT)

Hi, everyone.

After a (too) long absence from the list (my computer refused to
dial-up)  I'm back!  Today, I went out to strip some dead leaves off of
all the new irises I'd planted.  Whilst fervently working, I noticed a
nasty orange-colored segmented worm with red at one end of it's wormy
body.  Being the good little irisarian that I am, I transported this
nasty little critter to my driveway, then repeatedly bashed his head in
with a rock.  My question: was this a borer? I didn't think they could
survive here in Fort Worth, TX (USDA 7b, AIS region 17.)  Sunset Zone
thirty-three I think.

Did I do the right thing?