RE: CULT: onions as companion plants?

Linda--I haven't tried fall onions, but I frequently plant garlic with my
irises.  I started doing that when I was trying to figure a way to keep the
rabbits from eating the iris, but now I keep on just because I end up with
such a nice garlic harvest in late spring/early summer.  I also plant tulip
and daffodil bulbs out there, so the garlic is just another bulb, and the iris
don't seem to mind at all.  Onions ought to do fine, too.

Barb in Santa Fe