Milk Jug Plastic

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Milk Jug Plastic
  • From: ross@dsrt.com
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 13:11:23 -0600 (MDT)

Marte:

A word of caution: after a fairly short time of exposure to cold and sun
the plastic from those milk jugs will become brittle. It will crack
easily if disturbed. We cut out the bottoms of jugs and use them as
little greenhouses for our spring plants in the garden. The jugs don't
last long if they've been out for the winter.

You can probably get through this winter, but I'm not sure how long
they'll last after that.  So, please be careful! I'd be upset if I lost
my plant tags!

Ross