Re: OT: El Nino (was TB:Help with hybridizers names)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: El Nino (was TB:Help with hybridizers names)
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 00:27:46 -0600 (MDT)

Steven & Sharlyn Rocha wrote:

> PS I am quite sore after mixing fifty 90lb bags of concrete. We gave our
> horses a dry place to stand during EL NINO.

El Nino?  What El Nino?  Just tonight our weather forecaster said we
most likely wouldn't see any appreciable rain through November!  So much
for El Nino and the heavy rains.  In a normal season, our rains start in
mid-to-late October and now none possible through November--maybe all
this fuss over El Nino is over-reaction?

But maybe the El Nino gods will read this and it'll rain tomorrow!  Yea,
right and the check's in the mail also!

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California Sierra Nevada foothills--Zone 8