Re: Jap. Iris

JErnst209@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I really need to have an answer to this question.  I traded sometime ago for
> a JI.  A couple of months after the original trade, when we have now had two
> killing frosts, the Iris arrived.  What do I do with it?  This will be my
> first experience with them.  Do you think I could still put them outside?
> Coldframe? Inside?
>
> Help!

Karen,

I noticed that you did not have any response to your question and even
though I live in mild California I will try and provide you one.  I
would pot it in some damp potting soil and keep it inside for the
winter.  Give it a nice sunny window if you can and keep it watered but
not overly so.  Hopefully it will have a good root system by spring,
then knock it out of the pot and plant it in the garden after all danger
of frost is passed.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California