Re: OT: El Nino

Simone Clark wrote:

> El Nino brings drought to those of us on this side of the Pacific. It is
> already having a significant inpact in South East Asia, indeed there are
> thousands of people in Papua New Guinea facing famine already as they have
> not had enough rain to grow sweet potato their staple food. Farmers here,
> many of them still drought declared from the last El Nino, are getting rid
> of stock as a pre-emptive measure. We are certainly hoping it is "all hype".

Simone, thank you. I confess to all too often falling into a California
centric view of the world, and I too often forget that we are an
international group here.

Thank you, and I truly hope that the droughts lessen in all parts of the
world.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.