Re: Hello Everyone! & Stockton & Moonshine Info

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Hello Everyone! & Stockton & Moonshine Info
  • From: Barb Johnson <lgjohnson@getonthe.net>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 07:42:03 -0600 (MDT)

Shelley Reyome wrote:
> I am new to the list, this is my first posting.
> I have been out of the AIS and local iris club since 1994, been too busy
> being a  mommy to my son.
> Anyway, I know this may be very old news but, whatever happened to
> Moonshine Gardens and Cottage Gardens?
> Were they sold and now have new names? If anyone could let me know I
> would appreciate it.
> I had such affinity for the Moonshine introductions and miss their
> wonderful catalog.
> Shelley

Welcome aboard, Shelley! Where do you hail from?

As Arnold told you, Cottage Gardens changed its name to Stockton Iris
Gardens about 1993; Jim McWhirter has since died, bless him, but Abe
Feuerstein is holding down the fort. They don't seem to be advertising
in the AIS Bulletin, but I understand from one of their last ads,
whatever year that was, that they send their catalog free to AIS
members. We've been getting it each year without asking, probably for
that reason, since we haven't ordered from them yet...Address is
Stockton Iris Gardens, P. O. Box 55195, Stockton, CA 95205. Phone # is
(209) 462-8106. Don't see a toll-free number. This year they had loads
of color pictures. Catalog is $3.00 otherwise...

Ah, Moonshine Gardens! We've been members only since 1994, so we weren't
privileged to get in on their catalogs when Monty Byers was still with
us, but Larry Doucette sent me his last catalog, 1991, and the Dickey's
1992 one that was essentially the same. Love them! Monty asked Jack and
Phyllis Dickey to take over the Garden when he couldn't any more, and
they've been advertising in the Bulletin: Misty Hill Farms/Moonshine
Gardens, P. O. Box 1521, Healdsburg, CA  95448. I don't have their
newest catalog, tho. Physical address last I heard (not in April
Bulletin) is 5080 West Soda Rock Lane, same zip; phone (707)433-8408.
Catalog is $2.00, refunded.

Anyone, if this info has changed, let us know!

Cheers, Barb Johnson          lgjohnson@getonthe.net
Southwest Missouri Ozarks     USDA Zone 5b    AIS Region 18 (MO & KS)