Re: Planting iris in pots.

Thanks for the info on planting in pots.  I just bought some rhizomes at a
local mail order nursery and put them in the ground.  I am a little worried
that they may not get a good start outside this late.  But, most have started
rooting and sending up center leaves, so, I am thinking they are ok.  For the
ones that don't thrive too well, I may dig them up and bring them in.  Would
it be better to mulch these new iris in someway to protect them for the
winter?  Does anyone have ideas on this?

( I also bought some day lillies (off topic, sorry) and have them inside in
pots to get them out of their dormant stage.  I will probably put them out
before winter.)

East Peoria, Il
Getting colder as we speak