RE: Planting iris in pots.

Gayla,

As you have already planted them, I wouldn't worry about digging them up
again.  That would only stress the plants more.  Mulch, mulch and more
mulch.  But don't forget to remove the mulch in the Spring.

We have had success in mulching with cedar bark in past years.  These
can be brushed away from the rhizomes in the Spring and remain as mulch
to keep down the weeds between rhizomes.

This year we potted our latest acquisitions - we won some TBs at the CIS
AGM at the end of September -- and sunk them in the compost heap.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada - snow expected tonight